Meeting Minutes

Sacramento Chapter Board

8/19/04

 

Attendees:  Fleig, R. Miller, C. Miller, Brown, Olsen, Yeo, Hubbard

Guests:       Russ Backman

 

Meeting called to order by Fleig 8:18 at Fleig’s house.

 

Old Business

Minutes of 7/15/04 meeting.  Approved (7 0 0).

Treasurers Report.  C. Miller.  Approved (7 0 0).

Russ working to obtain a trailer storage contract at the Stockton storage site.

Noted that elections are uncontested this year therefore, per our bylaws, no ballots will be mailed.  Next year’s officers will be the same as this year’s officers.

C. Miller showed examples of lighter weight Polo shirts.  Will go with this type for next year.

Motion to provide 2 polos each for board members and Backman to identify board members and event principals.  (Backman is new participant coordinator).

Yeo and R. Miller are event chairs for next event.  Bob Weisickle is safety steward.

Doug Hubbard will be event chair for the following event. Al Patterson will  be co-chair.   Jay Williams will be assistant co-chair.

R. Miller will contact national office to inquire as to procedures when safety steward of record is not present or cannot otherwise discharge his or her responsibilities.

Web site is not operational thanks to help from Jerry Mouton.  Thank you Jerry and Ray.  Also now have firewalls set up and good documentation on how to perform recovery of web site.

 

New Business

Fleig noted that trailer is leaking and needs some general maintenance.  Motion to bring trailer to Pac West for repair (Brown).  Seconded (R. Miller).  Approved (7 0 0).  Olsen will deliver trailer to Pac West in the off season.

Motion to have Olsen get 50 more cones (R. Miller).  Seconded (Brown).  Approved (7 0 0).

Discussed fairness of street tire PAX corrections for running street tires in classes that allow R-compound tires.   Current corrections, based around SS, under correct faster classes and overcorrect slower classes.

Discussed possibility of moving Sac Chapter OSP into SM classes now that those classes exist and are well subscribed both locally and nationally.  This will allow us to use nationally-established PAX’s resulting in more accurate PAX corrections.

 

 

Moved to adjourn. (Approved.  Adjourned 9:37pm ).

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Rick Brown

Secretary