Meeting Minutes

Sacramento Chapter Board

8/21/08

 

Attendees:Brown, Hubbard, Yeo, McCulloch, Olsen

Guests:†† Brent Blakely, Tom Nivison, Al Paterson, Patti Yeo, Tom Smiley, Gayle Smiley

 

Meeting called to order by

Doug Hubbard at 8:40 pm.

Old Business

Approved minutes of last meeting (5 0 0).

 

Approved treasurerís report. (5 0 0).

 

 

Bob Weisickle is replacing the fans on one of the two computers.

 

Discussed cones.We need to remember to keep the 50 older cones stacked separately since they donít stack properly with the new cones.

 

Sweeping of the site worked well.Site and grid area were very clean.A big thank you to Tom Nivison for taking care of this.We will sweep the site again prior to the October rounds.

 

 

 

New Business

 

Noted that a Sunday 8am start time for September round is only Ĺ hour after sunrise.†† We will start the round somewhat later so as to allow for set up and course walk during daylight.

 

Discussed replacing the remaining 50 old cones.Due to budget considerations we will not replace these cones at this time.

 

E-Z ups are wearing out.Additionally, we accidentally brought one of the old ones to the last event.We will bring the correct two E-Z ups to the next event and assess their state of repair.

 

Discussed Tracy airport and the possibility of approaching McClellan again as autocross sites.Tracy airport has been used for drifting events.McClellan management in recent years has been non-receptive to holding autocrosses there again.Tom Smiley has a possible contact at McClellan who he will approach.

 

Discussed ways to reduce subsidies for worker appreciation.

 

Discussed saving money on yearly trophies for budget reasons.Tom Nivison will talk with Candi Miller to determine options.

 

 

 

 

Moved to adjourn. (Approved)Adjourned 9:56 pm

 

 

 

Respectfully Submitted,

Rick Brown

Secretary