Meeting Minutes

Sacramento Chapter Board

9/18/03

 

Attendees: Fleig, R. Miller, Brown, Hubbard, Olsen, Yeo, C. Miller

Guests:      Ralph Elder, Virginia Fleig

Meeting called to order by Fleig 8:02 at Fleig’s house.

 

Old Business

Minutes of 8/21/03 meeting.  Approved.

Treasurer’s Report.  All site dates paid. Approved.

Received new Sac. Chapter decals.  Two given to each entrant at 8/30/03 event.

Will sell remaining decals for $1 each.

Discussion of potential future sites and announcement of support to regions from National Office in securing sites.

National office sending information to Bill.  Will review next meeting.

Peter Nosler responded that the $91 tax bill from Cal Expo is questionable but probably not worth jeopardizing the relationship to challenge.  We already paid Cal Expo the $91 and will not pursue the matter further. 

 

Election-

 

Provided the following lists to the region office:

1. Participation list from Pat Kelly for last two years.  566 people were recorded having run at least one event in 2002 and 2003.  566 names.  A few names were duplicates due to alternate spellings and typos.

2. List of people who ran at least one event in two years but were non-members or had expired memberships.  271 names. 

3. List of people who ran at least one event in the last 2 years, are active members, but do not live within a 50 mile radius of Sacramento. 130 names.

4. List of people who ran at least one event in the last two years, are active members, and live within 50 miles of Sacramento.  158 names.  These are the people who are eligible to vote and were mailed ballots.

 

Sherry Grantz will invite all those listed on the ballot to be at Thunderhill at 4:30pm on Sept. 30 to witness counting the ballots.  Fleig and R. Miller are planning to attend.

 

New Business

Invoiced by Ad Force Private Security for event this coming weekend.  $282.40

We will pay on Monday.  Bill will call to verify that security will be present.

Secured November 15 and 16 at Stockton for the Enduro.  Now have 9 event series plus the Enduro.

Ken Yeo responsible for getting trailer to Corvette Club for their rental for their Team Challenge event.  Harold Olsen will handle the equipment.

 

Selected “Executive Banquet” selection for the Marriott banquet.  We will subsidize $25. 

Discussion on doing hats or towels or beer mugs in addition to tee shirts.  C. Miller to check prices.  100%’ers will get choice of jackets or shirts.  Will do cars and flags for decorations again.

Class trophies same as last year.  PAX trophies same as last year.

Moved to adjourn. (Approved.  Adjourned 10:01pm ).